Week 4

 


What did you learn this week?

    This week I learned about the 5E modeling system. I learned that the E's stand for engage, explore, explain, elaborate, and evaluation. These apply to both teachers and students. This method helps make the lesson to be more deeply understood and makes your students involved. 

How can you apply what you've learned to your teaching in the future?

In the future, I can implement the 5E modeling system in my classroom. Not only for science but also for reading, writing, social studies, and any other subjects. I can do a lesson of me demonstrating the 5E system and then have my students work in groups to do it on their own without my guidance. 

What are new or remaining questions? 

A question I still have is which E is the most effective in science for elementary-aged students? 

Comments

  1. Hey Alyssa! I also wonder which E is the most effective in science for elementary-aged students. Using this modeling system can be very helpful throughout all of the subjects not just science.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alyssa! I like how you mentioned using the 5E modeling in other subjects not just science, because it can definitely apply in multiple areas. I also relate to your question about which area is the most crucial to include in each lesson.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you posed a really good question about the 5'Es. I never thought about this question but now that you introduced it I am equally as curious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 11

Week 12

Week 13