Week 3

 




What did you learn this week?

    This week in lab we learned about life cycles. Life cycles happen in all kinds of organisms, whether that is plants, insects, or animals. In animals typically they start as eggs and then have two more stages before they reach adulthood. Plants life cycles are much different than animals but they all follow the same idea of stages of life. 

Are you able to relate what you learned to what you already knew?

    I was able to relate my life to what we learned in class. By this I mean I know that in life cycles there are stages. Typically four stages when it comes to mammals. My stages of life include being in my mom's belly (you could count this as an egg) then childhood, then adolescence, and finally adulthood. 

How can you apply what you've learned to your teaching in the future?

    Based on what I learned in class, in the future I can teach life cycles and then do a hands-on activity like we did. I will have playdough and give my students the freedom to choose the life cycle they want to make. I found that when we did this in science class different groups had different ideas of life cycles and it opened my mind to new things as life cycles. 


    

Comments

  1. Hi Alyssa, I really like your model of the life cycle of a turtle! It is a great activity that can be utilized in an elementary school setting to help students understand the broad topics we are talking about in class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alyssa! I like how you related what we learned to your own life and life cycle so far! I also want to have playdough in my classroom in the future so that I can do this with my students when they learn about life cycles!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 11

Week 12

Week 13