Week 8

 What did you learn this week?

This week we learned about codons. Codons are a DNA or RNA sequence of three nucleotides that encode a particular amino acid. Genetic codes are made up of the letters U, A, G, and C. 

Are you able to relate what you learned to what you already knew?

I could relate genotype and phenotype to what I have already known. We reviewed it last week but discussed it a lot more this week. We learned that phenotype is an observable trait. I always thought of it as a physical trait which is the same thing. We also learned that genotype is the genetic constitution of an individual or the makeup of alleles to create a trait. 



What are new or remaining questions? 

I don't have any remaining questions I did however want to comment on the fact that this week was our last week for checking our fast plants. Our plant had seeds on it but they were green instead of brown. They looked like peas. 

Comments

  1. Hey Alyssa! I love how your fast plant turned out! I also thought the seeds looked like peas. I really enjoyed looking at your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Alyssa! My fastplant also started growing seeds! Glad to see you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Alyssa! Your fast plant is thriving it looks like and that is cool it is growing seeds. My plant sadly died but I am glad yours is well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Alyssa, I also had seeds on my fast plant this week! I do wonder when the seeds will turn brown because my fast plant seeds were also green. It also seems like you really understood lab today good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alyssa! My fast plant also had seeds in it this week! I also knew about genotype and phenotype previously too, but I was not sure the difference of them, so now I know!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 11

Week 12

Week 13